The Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill are looking for energetic, fun individuals to join the dietary department at Caritas Christi, their motherhouse. Working at Caritas Christi enables professionals to work in a setting where the residents comes first. This unique environment nurtures personal relationships within the staff and community members.
The Sisters of Charity Complex provides residential care, short and long-term, in a retirement/healthcare setting, as well as, supportive living facilities for members of the Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill. Facility leaders strive to promote a living and working environment that encourages personal and professional development. This environment must foster individual dignity and demands the highest ethical standards.
Ensures proper preparation, portioning and serving of foods according to standardized recipes. Responsible for the preparation of resident meals. Responsible for all special function meals. Ability to supervise and work cooperatively with others.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Responsible for any other jobs assigned by the Food Service Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Responsible for preparing meals for all residents, staff and special functions.
- Responsible for putting away the bread orders.
- Responsible for serving meals in the residents dining room – main floor.
- Responsible for the operation of the kitchen during the shift and assist staff until the end of the shift.
- Responsible for proper nutrition of all residents, staff and guests.
- Incorporates special function meals planned by the Food Service Supervisor into daily schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and sanitation standards.
- Responsible for keeping recipes in order and reporting the need of any recipes to the Food Service supervisor.
- Responsible for pulling frozen items from the freezer.
- Responsible for coordinating production planning with the late cook.
- Responsible for preparing sauces, stuffing, chili and special foods for the second floor residents.
- Considerable initiative and judgement involved in setting up meals, seasoning food, estimating food requirements, utilizing leftovers and presenting food in an attractive and palatable manner.
- Food must be ready at specified times.
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Food Service Supervisor or Manager.
This is a full time position. There are different shifts available. Early Cook, and Late Cook. Hours vary between shifts: 5:30 am to 2:00 pm and 9:15 am to 5:45 pm
The Cook is directly accountable to the Food Service Supervisor.
The Cook is accountable to the Dietary Manager in the absence on the Food Service Supervisor.