The Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill are looking for energetic, fun individuals to join the dietary department at Caritas Christi, their motherhouse. Working at Caritas Christi enables professionals to work in a setting where the residents comes first. this unique environment nurtures personal relationships within the staff and community members.
The Sisters of Charity Complex provides residential care, short and long-term, in a retirement/healthcare setting, as well as, supportive living facilities for members of the Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill. Facility leaders strive to promote a living and working environment that encourages personal and professional development. This environment fosters individual dignity and demands the highest ethical standards.
DIETARY AIDE POSITION
Responsible for checking the evening tray line. Also for assisting with the setting up and serving of the noon and evening meals. Responsible for the clean up following meals. Responsible for setting up food items for all funerals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with setting up for the noon meal. Carry resident trays and serve beverages for the noon meal.
- Clear the soiled trays from the tables and send full carts of soiled dishes to the kitchen.
- Help with cleaning up the dining room from the noon meal. Counters and equipment included.\
- Responsible for wiping the tables and chairs off on the 2nd floor dining room and running the sweeper on the carpet.
- Assist with replenishing the dining room kitchen area with glasses, dishes and silverware.
- Turn on the cold counter for tray line.
- Work on the tray line for the evening meal.
- Turn on cold counter for the salads, desserts and juices.
- Help scoop ice cream on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Set up for the evening meal
- Carry resident trays and serve beverages for the evening meal.
- Clear the soiled trays from the tables and send full carts of soiled dishes to the kitchen from the evening meal.
- Responsible for the final clean up on the 1st and the 2nd floor dining room.
- Vacuum the 1st floor dining areas.
- Keep all garbage cans clean and empty after each meal in the dining room areas.
- Set up for Funerals when necessary.
- Mop the floor in the dining room kitchen area. (After the evening meal)
- In the afternoon, when time permits, you are responsible for scrubbing carts, doing a load of laundry or helping the cook if needed.
- Assist with final clean up of any special function as requested.
- Responsible for any other duties assigned by the Food Service Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Education: High School graduate preferred or equivalent.
- Ability to push, pull and lift objects weighing 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop and squat.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to follow job sequence.
- Ability to deal with stress of the job.
- Good hand/eye coordination in the use of appliances.
- Ability to concentrate on details with some interruptions.
- Ability to work along and/or with others.
- Ability to make changes in plans to respond to needs of the residents.
- Ability to follow directions.
This is a full time position. Work flexible hours including week-end rotation. At times, the dining room can be noisy and extremely busy.
Use of hot items and various appliances, including steam tables, coffee makers, microwaves and sweepers.
Exposed to cleaning chemicals.
Directly accountable to the Food Service Supervisor, Late Cook in the absence of the Food Service Supervisor and the Dietary Manager.