To assist in the general maintenance and care of the entire physical plant and property of the Sisters of Charity Center and to perform and promote such work in a safe, neat, efficient and cost-effective manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs to the best of his ability, experience and knowledge the various services that may be assigned for the proper operation of the facilities of the Sisters of Charity Center. This includes maintenance, repair, alteration, remodeling, painting, decoration, landscaping, grounds keeping, snow removal, road work, fire protection and security of the facilities of the Center.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair of electrical apparatus, controls and wiring, carpentry, plumbing and pipefitting, interior and exterior furnishing of all kinds, automotive and building equipment, appliances, refrigeration equipment and air conditioning, heating and ventilating, metalworking and welding, concrete work and all other work normally executed by the construction trades.
- Retains in his possession and is responsible for a personal pager for emergency calls when assigned to do so.
- Works various shifts and is “on call” when an emergency develops.
- Performs any other duties related to maintenance assigned by his Maintenance Supervisor and/or Department Head
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Graduate of high school and building trade or technical school.
- At least 2 years experience in general maintenance or construction trade.
- Knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and terminology of building trades.
- Ability to read blueprints and follow procedures.
- Operate a variety of tools and power equipment
- Proof of good physical condition.
- Ability to perform work without direct supervision.
- Good communications skills.
This position is full time and may require various shift rotations including evening and weekends. On-call responsibilities may be included.
Exposure to weather, dirt, grime and mechanical equipment.
Exposure to hazardous and caustic chemicals, detergents and other related compounds.
Exposure to moderate or heavy noise levels.