Reopening of Elizabeth Seton Memory Care Center
As the reopening of the state of Pennsylvania continues, the following outline explains mandatory guidelines regarding the opening of the Elizabeth Seton Memory Care Center.
Preopening requirements met:
- A baseline COVID-19 test was performed on all staff and residents. All test results came back not detected as of 6/15/2020.
- ESMCC has adequate personal protective equipment if an outbreak of COVID – 19 occurs.
- ESMCC has established a relationship with Heather Pavlinsky CRNP of Innovative Wellness to provide COVID – 19 testing to all residents and staff in the event of a COVID – 19 outbreak.
- Nonessential staff participated in the baseline testing.
- Volunteers will be offered voluntary testing paid for by ESMCC.
- One casual staff member refused testing. She is currently off schedule.
If at any time a resident, staff member, or volunteer tests detected for COVID-19:
- Visitation will stop and not resume until all staff, residents and volunteers have tested not detected and person/persons who test detected are symptom free for 14 days.
- If a resident test positive they will be isolated in their room.
- All meals will be sent in disposable containers with disposable utensils.
- Waste will be disposed of in red hazardous waste trash bags.
- Droplet and contact precautions will be put in place.
- One staff member per shift will provide care for COVID – 19 positive residents until 14 days after symptom free, or not detected COVID – 19 test comes back.
All persons entering ESMCC will be prescreened before entering ESMCC.
- Temperature check. A person with a temperature over 100.0 F will not be allowed to visit.
- Survey filled out: Have you come in contact with anyone who has symptoms or has COVID – 19 in the last 14 days? Have you developed symptoms of COVID – 19 in the last 14 days? Have you followed the guidelines established by the PA Department of Health?
- All persons entering ESMCC must wear a protective mask.
- All persons entering ESMCC must wash hands and use hand sanitizer before entering ESMCC.
- No more than 4 visitors may visit ESMCC at a time.
- Visitation times will start out at 1 hour per visit with a ½ hour gap between visits to allow for sanitation of visitation areas.
- All visitors must maintain 6 feet social distancing.
- Personal contact is prohibited.
- Visitation areas will be established. Outdoors is preferred.
- Please call the unit to schedule your visit. 724 853 7948 x 1175
- Please use the Monahan Entrance to enter the building. 724 853 7948 x 1192