Effective December 14, 2022: Due to the recent influx and severity of Influenza A, all employees and visitors are asked to mask while inside Caritas Christi. The safety and health of our Sisters and staff are our priority. We appreciate your accommodations.
The Federation NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) gives voice to those living in poverty and provides firsthand knowledge to decision makers in areas such as Sustainable Development, Poverty Eradication, Human Rights, Trafficking, Migration, Climate Change, Financing for Development, Education for Global Citizenship, and Women & Children.
The Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill, trusting in the providence of God, find ourselves at a graced crossroads. The United States Province affirms the 2019 General Chapter Statement, and will:
- Intensify, for the sake of the apostolate, our efforts to grow in the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ through fidelity to contemplative prayer, meditation on sacred scripture and spiritual reading (Constitutions, Article 34).
- Explore ways to enable all Sisters in the United States Province to embrace the physical, spiritual, psychological, and intellectual challenges of the next five years.
- Develop strategic actions for education and advocacy to address the critical needs of poor and vulnerable populations.
- Focus on causes and effects of the racial divide and the exploitation of the environment on the whole of creation.
- Strengthen and extend collaborative partnerships, particularly with those organizations and persons that share the Vincentian-Setonian charism, most importantly the Sisters of Charity Federation.
Vision of the Sisters of Charity Seton Hill
As citizens of the world, we stand in solidarity with all creation.
Evermore conscious of our internationality, we seek harmony in every dimension of our lives.
By living vibrant compassionate community, we witness God’s covenantal fidelity.
Through deep listening to our charism, we call ourselves to new ventures and risk-taking.
The Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill is an international, apostolic community of women religious, baptized in Christ, and vowed to continue the mission of His Church. In the spirit of St. Vincent de Paul and St. Elizabeth Seton, the congregation conceives its purpose to be an active ministry on behalf of the Kingdom.
This service is: informed by Gospel values, responsive to the needs of a changing world, guided by the prudent use of available resources, respectful of human dignity, protective of human rights, devoted especially to the poor and oppressed, rooted in faith, animated by prayer, supported by the common life, and performed in humility, simplicity and charity.
Join the Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill newsletter and stay up-to-date on news about our ministries, upcoming events and keep in touch with our Sisters.